Response to COVID-19
ISTAT is working closely with the Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego and other partners on COVID-19 measures at ISTAT Americas. All attendees must agree to the protocols and guidelines noted below. ISTAT will continue to update this information as changes occur.
New Entry Requirement
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING NEW REQUIREMENTS FROM THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA. ISTAT AMERICAS ATTENDEES MUST NOW PROVIDE PROOF THAT THEY:
- ARE FULLY VACCINATED, OR
- HAVE RECEIVED A NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST.
Proof of vaccination may be presented digitally or hard copy as long as appropriate photo identification is presented alongside (see note below).
If you provide test results for entry, the test must have been conducted in the last:
- 1 day for an antigen test, or
- 2 days for a PCR test.
NOTE: Attendees cannot self-attest to verify vaccination status or a negative test result. Attendees must provide photo identification to confirm you are the person:
- Presenting proof of vaccination status or negative test result, and
- Entering the conference.
Masks will not be required for fully vaccinated people. However, please be aware of state guidelines outside of the ISTAT Americas event.
If you are unwilling or unable to meet these new requirements and have already registered, email firstname.lastname@example.org for details on a full refund.
PCR Testing in San Diego
Testing locations are available throughout the San Diego area. Select the option that works best for your needs and note that appointments are encouraged.
San Diego Airport
San Diego Site COVID Clinic
15 minute walk from the Grand Hyatt
1350 Third Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101
Same Day Testing and Rapids Results
Map of San Diego Medical & COVID-19 Services locations.
San Diego hospitals, pharmacies and urgent cares with testing.
The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego has implemented a variety of new protocols and elevated practices, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and keeping with our high standards of cleanliness and commitment to providing excellent service.
Here is what to expect during your stay:
- Contactless arrival and departure experience available through the World of Hyatt mobile app
- Face coverings will be worn by all hotel colleagues, regardless of vaccination status.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation of common contact surfaces in guestrooms and throughout public spaces
- Encouraged social distancing and adherence to capacity limits in common spaces including elevators
- Pads and pens available upon request.
For more information regarding the protocols, click here.
- Follow relevant guidance provided by WHO, your local health authority or local embassy (e.g. US Embassy).
- Adhere to government issued travel restrictions and guidance issued by the United States and the region you are travelling from.
- Evaluate your own health, that of the people within your household, and that of the people you are in close contact with. Stay home if you feel sick.
- Follow WHO and Center for Disease Control and Prevention for guidance for everyday actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses including:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.