ISTAT’s Commitment to Sustainability
Sustainability will remain at the forefront of all ISTAT activities and discussions with the adoption of sustainable practices promoted and encouraged as the aviation industry works toward a low carbon future.
ISTAT is working closely with the ISTAT Americas venues and vendors to adopt sustainable practices. Here are some of the efforts put forth:
- Reducing plastic consumption with no use of straws or bottled water (except in designated areas). Water bubblers with recyclable cups will be available.
- Eliminate single use plastic and use of recyclable materials when possible.
- Provide visible and accessible reduction, reuse, recycling and composting services for paper, metal, plastic, glass and compost.
- Any functions where items are left on tables or trays, will be sorted by hotel staff into recycling and garbage.
- No printed attendee lists. Attendees are encouraged to use the ISTAT mobile app to access information for the conference.
- Provide the “meal of the day” for attendee’s breakfast and lunches to optimize ingredients and reduce food waste.
- Will not place notepads, pens, candies, etc. in each meeting room to reduce waste and plastic use.
- Non-perishable food items will be donated to Chef’s Against Hunger.
- Incorporating living décor elements that can be donated to charitable establishments post event.
Emissions and Energy Use:
- Lighting and temperature controls in event spaces are turned down when spaces are not in use.
- Hyatt’s Conserve program assists in reducing energy and water use associated with laundry.
- All vendor rentals for furniture, floral, and deliveries are locally based, eliminating delivery emissions
- Sourcing energy efficient vehicles for attendee transportation and delivery of equipment
- Hired busses for transportation are state of the art vehicles which assist in reducing emissions, and comply with the latest environmental policies and legislation.
- Busses will be turned off when not in use to save on carbon footprint; no idling
For additional information or questions on sustainability efforts at ISTAT, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.