Response to COVID-19
ISTAT is working closely with the Edinburgh International Conference Centre (EICC), hotels, and other partners on COVID-19 measures at ISTAT EMEA. Please review the EICC protocols below, and refer to the ISTAT EMEA Housing webpage for information regarding each hotel's response to COVID-19. ISTAT will continue to update this information as changes occur. Please contact ISTAT at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns.
The Edinburgh International Conference Centre (EICC) places the health, safety and wellbeing of all delegates, clients, team members and business partners as its top priority. They are continually reviewing the associated risks and will take further action based on governmental advice as updates are provided. In order to offer reassurance to everyone, they have implemented the following risk reduction measures:
- Everyone must comply with all travel restrictions as outlined by the World Health Organization (WHO), Public Health England, Public Health Scotland, and the latest government advice and legislation.
- They have displayed additional hygiene signage at reception areas, cloakrooms, and within all washroom and dressing room areas.
- Perspex screens will be installed at reception and cloakroom areas.
- EICC team members will wear PPE in any areas where physical distancing may be compromised.
- EICC has an enhanced, stringent cleaning regime in place including disinfectant fogging machines to focus on communal surface areas and to ensure that the very highest standards to hygiene are maintained throughout the venue.
For more information regarding the EICC's protocols, click here.
- Follow relevant guidance provided by WHO, your local health authority or local embassay (e.g. US Embassy).
- Adhere to government issued travel restrictions and guidance issued by Scotland and the region you are travelling from.
- Evaluate your own health, that of the people within your household, and that of the people you are in close contact with. Stay home if you feel sick.
- Follow WHO for guidance for everyday actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses including:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.