Response to COVID-19
ISTAT is working closely with the JW Marriott Austin and other partners on COVID-19 measures at ISTAT Americas. All attendees must agree to the protocols and guidelines noted below. ISTAT will continue to update this information as changes occur.
Need a letter of support to travel? Email email@example.com to request one.
PCR Testing in Austin
COVID-19 testing services are being offered through select participating providers.
As part of Marriott International's family of brands, the JW Marriott Austin has implemented a variety of new protocols and elevated practices, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and keeping with our high standards of cleanliness and commitment to providing excellent service.
Here is what to expect during your stay:
- Guests not vaccinated must continue to wear face coverings;
- Mobile check-in through Marriott Bonvoy mobile app for a contactless experience;
- Limited capacity in the elevators;
- Implementing deeper, more freqent cleaning processes of public spaces;
- Removing non-essential high-touch items that can't be disinfected from guest rooms; and
- Encouraging less contact, more connection through technology
For more information regarding the protocols, click here.
- Follow relevant guidance provided by WHO, your local health authority or local embassay (e.g. US Embassy).
- Adhere to government issued travel restrictions and guidance issued by the United States and the region you are travelling from.
- Evaluate your own health, that of the people within your household, and that of the people you are in close contact with. Stay home if you feel sick.
- Follow WHO and Center for Disease Control and Prevention for guidance for everyday actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses including:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.